Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Big Photo Challenge...SUMMER

The Big Photo Challenge
This week's theme is Summer! Ah... remember when you were young and looked forward to the hot days of summer so you could set up a lemonade stand and sell drinks for a quarter. Well my grandsons carry on this summer tradition with a few minor changes. Now they sell Gatorade for a dollar a bottle. But with inflation, we still got more candy per day than they do!

This picture was taken this weekend with my Nikon Coolpix S210 pocket camera. It is so small, I can carry it in my shirt pocket. I needed to force a fill flash because the sun was so bright. But the sun does make the umbrella colors bright.

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you getting sun so bright that you need a fill flash LOL. It's been dull, grey and very UNsunny over here in the UK.

    Love the pic, it's so sweet when kids do that kind of thing. I bet they were super pleased with their earnings...and had fun deciding what to do with it :)

    Thanks for sharing your photo again - I'm still deciding what to do for this week's challenge as the weather has been very un-summery and I haven't had much time to get the camera out. Will try and do something this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog look! Hey...check out those cute kiddos :) That's a great summer picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just realised - isn't that Connar & Aiden? LOL

    ReplyDelete