Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Big Photo Challenge...SPECIAL

The Big Photo Challenge

I went kayaking Sunday with family and while moving through some lily pads a duck started making an obnoxious sound at me. When I reached for my camera I realized she was warning me to stay away from her floating nest on the other side of the kayak. I snapped a picture of a nest that floats on top of the water in heavy lily pads that had an egg and a new born duckling about 10 minutes old in it. I had already taken a picture of a Special Medal for this week's challenge but decided this was much more special and used it instead.


The picture was taken with my Canon PowerShot S3 IS with F3.5 and 1/1600 speed.




I was also able to get a quick video of the duckling.




Or go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wry-og9qGFM To see it in other sizes.



This link is to another video with the duck growling at me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wvlBBPJ_o4



This is what another duck looked like sitting on its floating nest.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that IS special! What a cool find :)

    I still haven't found anything special yet, but I'm working on it and have a couple of ideas....how to present them in an interesting way is the thing that's taking a while LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Danny...what a great picture! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about right place at the right time...and you had a camera with you. Very special! Good job.

    ReplyDelete