Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Big Photo Challenge...ME

The Big Photo Challenge

This weeks photo challenge is ME

Or a picture of me or about me that shows what I am about.


This time of year I am all about Arena Football (American, with an oblong ball). Our local team, the Spokane Shock, are number 1 in the league with a record of 13 wins and 2 losses. We only have one game left and have earned a spot in the playoffs.

This is a picture of ME and my better half, who completes me, outside the football arena. We dress in the teams orange and blue colors and cheer are heads off. There is a fantastic series of metal sculptures outside the arena that represent an athelete jumping into the air. We dressed them in the orange fuzzy hats that we wear to the games. The last one behind us shows his head gone and legs stretching like a spring. There is another in front of us that you can't see of just his legs with the springs sprouting out.

Go Shock!

And check out this link of the team high-fiving my grandsons and wife.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_y9YGzRf88

Yay! We're in the newspaper. Me on the right, my son Derrick to my right, my wife Julie, my son Kyle (9th man jersey), my daughter-in-law Jen below me, and my grandson Connar to her right. Shock game Aug 12 against the Milwaukee Iron. Shock win 60 to 57 and are going to the Arena Bowl. Watch us on NFL network Aug 20 at 5 PM PST.http://www.spokesman.com/photos/2010/aug/13/111566/

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous time Dancy. I love the sculptures - such a fun idea. We have a sculpture park near us wi=hich has loads of differentsculptures like that dotted about the park. It's an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, new theme idea, sculptures.

    ReplyDelete